Saturday, February 20, 2010

Sickies...

It's been a challenging week. Leah and Aine's colds just refuse to go away! And then I woke up Thursday morning feeling sick...argh...but I had a vet appt for Boo that I had to keep. England is rabies-free and has certain quarantine procedures, which thankfully can now be done stateside instead of when you get there. It requires giving Boo a rabies and FAVN vaccine, taking bloodwork and waiting 6 months before we can bring him over. We're within a couple weeks of that timeline, so I didn't want to postpone it. So I pack up the girls and a reluctant Boo in the van. When I got there, I wondered what had spilled on the passenger-side floor mat. That is until I got closer and realize Boo had peed in his cage! He was covered in pee (in fact it was dripping from him when he stood up). I don't know if there's a more offensive odor than cat pee!! Thankfully the tech towel dried him, while I cleaned the cage, but he STUNK!!! There was more drama, but that was the worst part! Ultimately he got his shot, we're on the clock now, he had a bath...and I'm extremely glad Eric insisted on all-weather floor mats... :)

Here are some pictures and videos from the past week or so...

Leah decided Katherine needed a hug while watching a movie (probably Sleeping Beauty, if I had to guess).

The girls climbed in Tracy's super snazzy jogging stroller... 
Aine and Libby. Libby better watch out..Aine could flatten her! :)
It was sooo beautiful yesterday that we just had to go outside. I had originally just planned on going for a walk, but Leah "informed" me while we were out that we were going to the park. Okay! There was a big group there and Leah tried to join in their play (they were playing tag). She didn't really understand the game, but loved running around with them. Aine was great and hung out in the stroller up until right before we left.
I originally put Aine in the back of the stroller (where she was when she had to be in the car seat), but she kept leaning forward and pulling Leah's hair! Sooo...swapped they were...
I stopped to take this picture because Leah decided to get up and kiss her sister's head. I couldn't get her to do it again for the picture though.
Our happy Aine...
I put Aine in bed with Leah when she woke from her nap one day. She thought it was so funny. This was the last time in her crib bed.
She now has a twin bed adorned with (what else but) princesses! She was soooo excited and even now tells me EVERY DAY that she has Princess Sleeping Beauty, Princess Cinderella and Princess Belle on her blanket and pillow case. "I show you...come here!" (Notice she's even wearing her princess shirt!)

No comments: